Tuesday, April 19, 2011

so much for that huge winter weather?

right now the temperature is hanging right around 40 degrees with some gusting wind at about 20 mph.  The sky is overcast.  As of now we are no longer in a weather warning but a weather alert.  Looking at the surface map it seems taht the weather system is hitting regions to our south and we are catching the top parts which is mainly going to be light snow/rain mix.  As happy as I am that we are not getting 6-10 inches, I am kind of sad that I won't be needing my 4 wheel drive one last time. 
US: Water Vapor Satellite
This map shows the water vapor around the area, with the green being the highest amount of water vapor in the clouds which means varying amounts of precipitation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. If it is going to snow, might as well go for it.

    ReplyDelete